Pre-Season Programs Scheduled for May at Grey Towers
Weekends are filled with special programs in May at Grey Towers National Historic Site, Milford, PA.
• Saturday, May 6: 8K Run/Walk from Grey Towers to Milford Beach and back. Prizes and awards given for this certified course; proceeds go toward improving and promoting public programs. (www.greytowers.org) or 570-296-9625 for info or to sign up.
• Saturday, May 13, 10 am: A Moveable Feast: Milford Walking Tour. Munch your way through Milford on this walking tour that takes you to some significant locations where the Pinchot family had an influence. Fee includes the guided tour, printed guide book and food at various locations. Registration and pre-payment required; limited to first 25 paid registrants. Rain or shine. 570-296-9625 to sign up or email@example.com.
• Saturday, May 13, 9:30 am: Volunteer orientation session for those interested in volunteering with the US Forest Service to give tours, staff the gift shop, work on trails and cemetery restoration projects, landscape and garden and museum work. Registration required at 570-296-9630 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saturday, May 20, 10 am: Money DOES Grow on Trees: Protecting Land, Planning for the Future, co-sponsored by the Delaware Highland Conservancy. Learn the different options for protecting and stewarding your private lands, planning for the future and possible financial benefits available to you. Registration suggested at 570-226-3164 or email@example.com. Includes lunch. FREE.
• Memorial Day Weekend: Regular tour season starts, on the hour, 11 am to 4 pm., Thursdays through Mondays. No public tours Tuesdays and Wednesdays; grounds are open for self-guided option.
The 2017 Calendar of Events, which lists additional programs, including walks, talks, concerts and more, is available at www.greytowers.org or call 570-296-9630 to request a copy. Check the website frequently as new programs are added throughout the season.