The chamber welcomes and encourages its members to actively participate in various activities of the organization. A good way to get involved is to volunteer for committee work. Descriptions of many committees are below: call the office 570-296-8700 and volunteer some time.
Business Education Committee
Purpose: Comprised of experts in both business and education, this committee sponsors workshops and seminars on a wide range of topics to assist the Pike County business community. This committee provides advisement to the CEO in his/her role as a partner of the Leadership Pike steering committee and assists in promoting the Leadership Pike program. Members of this committee have a strong sense of community and willingness to share industry “best practices”.
Activities: In support of business, the Business Education Committee coordinates workshops and seminars relevant to businesses in Pike County.
1. Create an annual plan for upcoming educational events to allow for proper planning and marketing.
2. Ensure the viability of the Pike Leadership program.
3. Research and identify appropriate topics and educational delivery models for educational programs.
4. Research ways to connect businesses to the youth in the local area.
Purpose: Plan all events for the Chamber.
Activities: Annual Banquet Chamber Gala or Signature Event. Discuss upcoming card exchanges and create interactive networking games to be played and ideas to improve the value of the events for members. Helping to plan and implement the annual Community Awards Banquet, where each year, we come together to celebrate and honor individuals for their ongoing contributions to our local community. The Chamber produces a color brochure describing the contributions of each honoree, distributed by local newspaper.
1. Membership Mixers
2. Annual Installation Dinner
3. New Member Reception where new members will be invited to a yearly reception where they can learn how to make the most of their membership.
Purpose: Chamber of Commerce recognizes the necessity of properly balanced legislation for enhancement and encouragement of the free enterprise system.
Activities: When necessary, vigorously oppose legislation that threatens the viability of local business as part of the private enterprise system.
1. Promote relations between local and state Legislators and the Chamber
2. Act as a bridge between business and town government. Committee meet yearly with the PC Commissioners, Milford Mayor and other town officials to address special needs or as they become apparent.
Chair: Jack Boyle
Marketing & Membership
Purpose: To enhance the image of the Chamber through branding. This committee will work with all other PCCC committees pertaining to advertising, marketing, calendar of events, & other chamber related activities at scheduled Marketing committee meetings.
Activities: This Committee develops a marketing and media plan for the Chamber and consults on all of the promotional efforts for the Chamber, including the guidebook publication.
1. Monitor, enhance and manage the marketing of the Chamber and all of its facets
2. Advise on the marketing and promotion of all Chamber committees and their events
3. Enhance website to maximize awareness of the Pike area
4. Manage the overall production of the Guidebook
Chair: Jody Welsh
Women In Business
Purpose: A woman-based committee providing networking and educational opportunities. The Committee is dedicated to enhancing, educating and empowering its members through both personal and professional growth.
Activities: The Women in Business Committee of the Pike County Chamber of Commerce presents issues relevant to today's business women. This committee plans, organizes and develops the annual Business Show featuring 75-100 businesses at a one day expo for local business persons and the community at large. Monies raised benefit the PCCC as one of the largest fund raisers.
1. New Logo design
2. New Banner
3. Section on the website with information (or a brochure)
4. Successful Expo event
5. Hold a speaker dinner for Women in Business with a related topic
6. Sell all remaining Cookbooks
Chair: Philly Viscardo
Tourism & Accommodation
This committee provides leadership and strategic direction to initiatives and projects that will have an impact at the County level. This group interfaces with County level agencies, multi-county regional partners, and State level legislative resources, associations and groups. It also provides a forum to discuss opportunities and design initiatives that will fill all types of lodgings in Carbon County as well as offers access to group advertising opportunities that would otherwise be unaffordable to lodgings with only a few rooms.